Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn just a little money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant method to assist help this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I promised myself that I’d wait just a little longer earlier than going loopy with pumpkin spice recipes, and but right here we’re… At the identical time, the air the place I’m is cool and crisp and it simply feels proper to observe my coronary heart (and my style buds) and make these vegan keto pumpkin spice protein waffles. This is one other a kind of recipes that I make for myself on a regular basis, and at last determined to write down down and publish, and now that it’s September, I don’t really feel so bizarre about sharing it. I began making these in July, however figured I’d maintain off on posting it, in order to appear much less obsessive about fall meals…
Like the entire recipes on this web site, these protein waffles are low-carb, keto-friendly and gluten-free. As an added bonus, this explicit recipe additionally occurs to be coconut-free, nut-free, soy-free and bean-free usually. Plus, there are solely 5.7g of internet carbs per serving, and virtually 23g of plant protein, which is fairly thrilling when you ask me. Now, when you’re questioning in regards to the pumpkin in right here, relaxation assured you possibly can eat pumpkin on a keto weight loss program. While it’s a bit too excessive in carbs to scarf down a complete can in a single sitting, you possibly can simply sneak canned pumpkin into your macros right here and there with out an excessive amount of budgeting. In truth, the canned pumpkin required for this recipe solely has about 3g of internet carbs.
Anywho, I gained’t blather on about these for too lengthy. I simply actually hope you take pleasure in them! If you make these and need to share, I like seeing posts on instagram – simply remember to tag @meatfreeketo within the picture itself so I’ll see it! Otherwise, it might get misplaced in a sea of notifications.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
- If you don’t need to use protein powder, here’s a recipe for pumpkin spice vegan keto waffles with out protein powder!
- Alternatively, you possibly can substitute the protein powder right here for an equal quantity/weight of lupin flour.
- The waffle maker I exploit is the Dash Mini-maker. I’ve been utilizing this waffle maker for years and have by no means had something stick with it. I extremely suggest it. It is superb. My earlier waffle iron mainly caught to all the things, irrespective of how a lot I oiled issues up. So, I firmly consider that the waffle iron used makes an enormous distinction.
- The syrup I like is from Lakanto. Fun truth: You can truly save 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto!
- I can’t stress this sufficient: learn the labels! I’ve, on a couple of event, bought pumpkin pie filling as an alternative of pumpkin pie puree. Pumpkin pie filling is pre-spiced and in addition filled with sugar, whereas pumpkin puree is simply pureed, cooked pumpkin. Big, necessary distinction.
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary info, your calculations could differ a bit. This is very true with protein powders, so remember to learn the label rigorously.
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
These protein-rich, low-carb vegan keto pumpkin spice waffles are a scrumptious and straightforward strategy to begin off any fall morning!
- 1 pumpkin puree (~60g)
- 1.5 tbsp room-temp vegan butter substitute or olive oil
- 1/four cup (60ml) water or milk of alternative
- 1 scoop (~30g) vanilla protein powder (I used this one from Garden of Life)
- 1 tbsp entire psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, in accordance with the producer’s directions and frivolously grease along with your most popular oil, when you discover that your waffle iron is a bit sticky.
- In a small bowl, mash collectively the pumpkin, butter substitute & water with a fork till comparatively easy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining substances till completely mixed.
- Stir the dry substances into the moist substances till all the things is evenly distributed.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens. You ought to be capable of scoop it, and it should not be pourable. If it’s nonetheless just a little loose-looking, add an extra tbsp of the protein powder.
- Make waffles in accordance with your waffle maker directions. I exploit a touch waffle maker and break it up into three little waffles as a result of I like making a stack out of them. I additionally often wait till the little mild goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle quiet down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and any sweetener current in your protein powder to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!